You may need to take medicines regularly for your health. When your health is stable, the doctor may advise that you can have a prescription on a repeat basis without the need to be seen in clinic every month.
Only medicines agreed by the doctor can be given by repeat prescription. In order to provide a safe and efficient repeat prescription system we use a computer that records which medicines are authorised for each patient and each time they are prescribed.
All medicines given on repeat prescription need to be reviewed to check that you still need to take them. This will usually take place when you have a review of your health. Please be prepared to come to the surgery for a review of repeat prescriptions at the doctor’s request.
Patients on long-term medication can order repeat prescriptions in the following ways:
- In person - hand your repeat slip in to reception having clearly marked the items required.
- By Text - the surgery now has a SMS texting facility to allow patients to order their repeat medication. Patients are asked to text 07853 213 205, leaving their details and a member of the Medication Coordinating Team will respond. This service is manned Monday to Friday, 9am - 5.00pm (except bank holidays)
- By post - send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
New Service - From February 2014
If you have access to the internet or a smart phone, visit the practice to collect a username and password. This will give you access to order your repeat prescriptions at the click of a few buttons. This will save you the need to visit the practice to order or to call the pharmacy to order.
The password will also allow you to:
- book appointments online
- see your booked appointments
- cancel appointments
- Send questions to the practice - please give 2 days for a written response